New Year’s Eve Storytelling party 2019December 29, 2019 Sunday,00:00 - January 1, 2020 Wednesday,00:00
After the great success of last year, Raccontamiunastoria Storytelling Company is enthusiastic about inviting you once more to this unique initiative- launched from the proposal of our young Storytellers:
New Year's Eve Storytelling party and get-together in Italy 2019
Join us for unforgettable three days of fun, networking, sharing of art and stories in a medieval Italian village with mouth-watering fresh food and local wine!
Toast with us to the end of 2019 and the beginning of a new Decade wishing for plenty of stories, festivals, cultural exchanges, events and art.
The event aims to be an informal, fun and creative get-together for both Storytellers and affectionate audience with a loose programme running over three days (but anyone can decide to stay for one night only or for the whole time).
The programme will be free and by no means mandatory, so everyone can freely decide to take part in how many activities they like and even propose activities on a daily base. Everyone suggestions and contributions will be more than welcome at all times.
Activities (free of charge):
- Storytelling open floors every night to share and enjoy each other stories and styles (all sessions will be translated or available in English)
- Story walks to discover the place (medieval village , ancient abbey and convent of St. Bridget of Sweden)
- Round table group of interest about different topics of Storytelling (ideas and sharing of interests welcome!)
- Morning physical and voice training sessions every day
- Samples of “Storytelling made in Italy” in English
- Free time to organize one's own meeting with the participants based on interests and proposals
- Free time and premises to rehearse, have an artistic residency, network
- Possibility for all storytellers to share their own projects and ideas
- Fun activities including Dance, Singing and Jam-Sessions
- Family friendly Storytelling sessions and activities (contributions welcome by all participants)
- New Year Eve dinner and party with stories, ex-temporary performances , music jam session (all musicians and instruments welcome”) and free flow dance floor
29th - 30th - 31st of December and 1st of January
Venue and Accommodation:
Convento di Santa Brigida a Farfa (St. Bridget Convent)
Via del Monastero 12
02030 - Farfa Sabina (ROMA)
There is no registration fee, but only the cost of food and accommodation.
Full board 65 euros per day
(including accommodation, breakfast, lunch and dinner. Water, wine and coffee included in the price for lunch and dinner!) starting from dinner on the 29th and ending with New Year lunch on 1st of January (anyone can decide to stay for one night only or for the whole time)
50 euros extra for New Year's Eve evening/party
The venue is not a hotel , but a convent guest house. Rooms are comfortable and with en suite bathrooms, but no luxury. There are no single rooms available, but only double and multiple rooms.
Please let us know if you’re coming with a room-mate or wish us to find one for you.
Children, families and friends welcome! Please spread the word: the more the merrier!
All meals are included, but the menu is fixed. Vegetarian options are available as well as gluten free, but it will not be possible to accommodate any other specific request.
Wine is included for all meals in the measure of 1 bottle every 4 people. It will be possible to buy more wine on site.
Beer is available at the Friar's pub next door.
If you are flying or coming by train, the nearest city is Rome. Please let us know your flight arrangement and we will be happy to assist you with local transport.
Avoid late evening flight on arrival and early morning on departure as the venue is in the country side and there are no transport on early and late hours. Alternatively you need to make arrangement to spend a night in Rome.
Meeting and rehearsal facilities:
There are several rooms and spaces that can be used for meetings and rehearsals by participants. Anyone wishing to book a space for a spontaneous meeting or activity is welcome to do so.
All available spaces will be allocated free of charge and on a first come first served basis.
The idea behind the event:
The idea of the event is to spend some time as an international Storytelling Community without a to-do list and without specific tasks, with just enjoying each other art and company and let spontaneous seeds grow. In Raccontamiunastoria we acknowledge that the best collaborations, partnerships and projects are usually born around a table loaded with god food and sipping coffee and wine rather than in a meeting place, and this is simply what we wish to offer: a space, good company, good food and drinks and to encourage professional development, personal artistic growth and the conception of new project in a pleasurable relaxed atmosphere.
This event is for you if you are:
- A Storyteller wishing to spend new year's eve and day with fellow Storytellers
- A Festival director /organizer wishing to browse what's happening in the new Storytelling scene in an informal and relaxed atmosphere
- A Storyteller/Producer Festival organizer wishing to informally spend some time with your peers and brainstorm about new ideas/projects/collaboration
- A Young Storyteller and wish to spend part of your Christmas holidays with a vibrant community of Young Storytellers looking forward to collaborate and share your practice with you
- If you are a Storyteller/Festival director in your forties and are thinking you would like to know better and do more with people of your age/experience
- if you are an Experienced Storyteller and wish to breath some fresh air and are willing to challenge your habits/meet new people/experiment with the Storytelling art without a schedule and the pressure of “getting a result”
- You are a person who loves to listen to stories and be around the storytelling Community
- and eventually if "You never know what to do on New Years' Eve!" This is one you will not easily forget!!!
Side activity in Rome:
For people wishing to spend some time in Rome Raccontamiunastoria will also organize a Storytelling night on the 28th of December. Contribution with Christmas and Solstice related stories, music or songs welcome!
Contacts and Bookings:
tel and whatsapp contacts: Paola Balbi +393498378830 Mattia Di Pierro +393349941739