Federation for European Storytelling is an international non-profit making association, registered under Belgian law with our main office at Kasteelstraat 6, 3740 Bilzen, Belgium.
The Federation of European Storytelling (FEST) is a European network of organizations and associations active in the field of storytelling. It does not network individual storytellers. Its members represent national, regional or local organisations like professional storytelling associations, festival organisers, storytelling training centres, local authorities, academies, colleges, universities, cultural centres or libraries all with a special interest in storytelling.
At this moment FEST has 83 members in 25 different countries. The network aims to empower the world of storytelling in Europe through sharing, learning and relationship building. FEST also focuses on professional development of the storyteller as a performing artist and as a professional provider of storytelling techniques in other (cultural) sectors.
Federation for European Storytelling is responsible for the handling of your personal data on this website.
- We do not disclose your email address to any third party, except to: Mailchimp, our current email service provider. Mailchimp has confirmed that they will be fully compliant with all aspects of GDPRby 25 May.
- This site uses so-called "cookies" which are text files that are stored on your computer. Cookies allow us to analyze the overall use of the website by the use of individuals. You can prevent the installation of cookies by setting your browser software accordingly. However, please be aware that if you do this, you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website.
- This site uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (hereafter "Google"). Google Analytics uses so-called "cookies", text files that are stored on your computer and that allow an analysis of the overall use of the website using individuals. The information about your website use, generated by cookie, is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA where it is stored.
You can prevent the collection by Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. An opt-out cookie is set to prevent future collection of your data when you visit this site: Google Analytics opt-out. Please note that you must click this link again if you have deleted all cookies in your browser.
- This site uses map sections of Google Maps. For further information please see Maps Legal Notices
- You acknowledge that personal data that you submit for publication through our website or services may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use (or misuse) of such personal data by others
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Registrations to open calls, surveys, events, activities, meetings and conferences
Your personal data (first name, last name, organization, address, country and email) that are collected in connection to subscriptions to our invitations to events, open calls, surveys for cooperation and newsletters are only saved for as long as you are a subscriber. When you unsubscribe, you no longer receive updates from us. Should you want Federation for European Storytelling to remove your personal data from our database, write to
FEST uses Google Forms for open calls, registration to events, meetings and conferences. For further information please see Google Forms Privacy Police
Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section, we may retain your personal data where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person
Your right to information
You have the right to demand information about what personal data Federation for European Storytelling has collected about you and information on the purpose that the data is used. You also have the right to get incomplete and wrong information corrected, removed or blocked.
Use our contact information to get in touch with us to utilise these rights.
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
We will notify you of changes to this policy by publishing an advert on our website and an item in our newsletter.
Unless otherwise stated, all Web site materials, including, without limitation, all text, graphics, other files, and the selection and arrangement thereof, are the proprietary and copyrighted property of FEST. You may electronically copy and print to hard copy portions of this Web site for the sole purpose of using materials it contains for informational and non-commercial, personal use only. Any other use of the materials in this Web site -- including any commercial use, reproduction for purposes other than described above, modification, distribution, transmission, license, publication, republication, creation of derivative works, display, or performance -- without the prior written permission of FEST is strictly prohibited.